M.Ed. in Educational Leadership
Master of Education (M.Ed.) Degree Requirements:
The master's degree in Educational Leadership is designed primarily to provide professional preparation for students seeking administrative positions in elementary and secondary schools. The degree requires completion of a minimum total of 33 graduate semester-hour credits.
1. Completion of the following required common courses in Educational Leadership (24 credits):
- EDLE 5013 School Organization and Administration
- EDLE 5023 The School Principalship
- EDLE 5043 Ethical Leadership
- EDLE 5053 School Law
- EDLE 5063 Instructional Leadership, Planning and Supervision
- EDLE 5083 Analytical Decision Making
- EDLE 5093 Effective Leadership for School Improvement
- EDLE 574V Internship (3 hours)
2. Completion of nine (9) credit hours from foundations/specialty courses, including:
- EDLE 599V Seminar-Special Topics
- EDLE 599V Building Level Finance
- EDLE 5073 Research for School Leaders
3. A cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.00 on all course work is required for the degree. No grades below "C" will be accepted for graduate degree credit.
4. Satisfactory performance on a written comprehensive examination or portfolio presentation is required.